Nars Barbarella







I got Nars Barbarella at Christmas after putting on my list when I swatched it at Dubai airport.
It's my first Nars lipstick so I was super excited about it, after hearing such great things.

Barbarella is a Peachy Coral coloured lipstick, which is a shade that always goes down a treat with me. I have so many lipsticks in very similar shades to this.
It's slightly different to what I was expecting as I seem to remember it being slightly more matte (it was probably a completely different product).

 The finish of this lipstick is sheer (I wish so much that it was slightly more matte), and the colour application on the lips for me is a little disappointing. 
It doesn't give your lips as much colour as it looks like it would in the tube. In the tube, as you can see it looks very pigmented but that doesn't translate on the lips at all. 

This is definitely a shade that I will get more wear out of in the Summer, as throughout the Winter I'm finding myself reach for either Pinky nudes or Reds. 
When I do start to wear it more, I am hoping I will be able to double it up with another shade to get the perfect finish.

I love the packaging more than anything, Nars packaging cannot be faulted in my opinion, from the logo down to the slightly rubberised finish it is a dream.

Overall, I am slightly disappointed with the finish but I think I can learn from this that sheer just doesn't really work well for me.  
I will definitely give a little update on this once the sunshine and floral dresses come back out. 

Whats your favourite Nars lipsticks and can you recommend any combinations using this that will create a dream?
xx