New CID Cosmetics i-glow Ice Pop




I got this in my gift bag a while back when I attended the New CID Cosmetics event in London and when I noticed it sparkling through at the bottom of my bag I was very pleased indeed.
I have been a fan of the i-glow in Coral Crush for about a year now, and you may have noticed its forever popping up in my 'What I'm wearing' posts. It's definitely a product I reach for when my face needs brightening up.
I'm slightly disappointed in the fact that this shade isn't something I'm reaching for all the time. I think its okay, but it definitely isn't a product that I am loving. 

It's a marbelised baked shimmer powder with different tones of Pink and Lilac and White running through it, which definitely sounds like something I would go for (minus the shimmer), but it just doesn't work for me.
I know I don't like shimmer anyway, but with the i-glow in Coral Crush working so well for me, I thought this would too.
The Pinks and Lilacs do look lovely together in the pan, but on my face they just don't sit well, they look quite bland on me. The shimmer kind of throws it a little bit and makes its all slightly too much for me. Rather than brightening up my face a couple of times I have felt its ruined my make up.


As much as I didn't really like this in real life I do think it pictured quite well. 

This product is a definite proof that different products work differently on different people. I really think that with the Lilacs and Pinks, this would work beautifully on a paler skin tone than mine.As you are probably aware I am very often tanned, and although this product is meant to be "great for accentuating a tan", I don't personally think it compliments mine. 

This product can be used as both a highlighter and a blush but I always tend to use these products as more of a blush.
Maybe it's something that will work well with my tan sweeped on my shoulders and neck when I go out somewhere fancy, but for now it isn't working on my cheeks.

I am still however a huge fan of Coral Crush and think I'll be quite a fan of that for a long time.  

This product is available on the New CID Cosmetics website here for £22.50 

Have you tried this product? If so, what do you think?

xx