La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Masque






It's been a whole month since I last posted about a face mask and I just want to assure you that I am still well and truly addicted and my obsession still continues.

One of the latest masques that I have treated my skin to is the La Roche-Posay Intense Masque* which is apart of La Roche-Posays Hydraphase range. It's intended for use on sensitive and dehydrated skin and after a busy week at work, that's what I tend to have to deal with. 

This is a super moisturising masque and seems to be very similar to how the Origins Drink Up Intensive works, though rather than being marketed at an overnight product this is a quick 10 minute skin treatment that once applied to your face and neck area, sinks and disappears into your skin. 

It's described as a gel-cream texture and I really like it. It's quite soft and gentle on application and just has a typical clean non-frangranced scent to it, in fact whilst typing this I have realised that it very much reminds me of the smell of e45 lotion which I used to apply all of the time when I was younger.

Although I mentioned that this is a 10 minute skin treatment, if I apply a generous amount like the instructions suggest, I do find that it does take longer than 10 minutes to fully sink in and then I end up wasting quite a lot of product, so I would suggest that if you do try this start with a smaller amount and build up gradually until you know how much you will need for a full application. After all, it is just a 50ml tube and if you're anything like me, you will probably want to hold on to your good products for as long as possible!

In comparison to the Origins Drink Up Intensive, which is really the only masque I have like this at the moment, I find it does leave my skin feeling a little greasier, though still extremely soft. Maybe that's because unlike Origins, it hasn't had a whole night to sink in. Really, that isn't a bad thing as it is aimed at dehydrated skin which may be need of this super moisture.

I think this products definitely worth a go if you have dehydrated, sensitive skin that doesn't like perfumed products and needs the love or if you're like me and just love a face treatment.

It's available to buy on La Roche-Posay onlineBoots and pharmacies and costs £16.

xx