Birthday Charity Shop Purchases

A belated thank you for all the lovely birthday messages and hello to my latest followers! I’m looking forward to settling down this evening with a hot chocolate and reading and commenting on everybody’s blogs. I’ve been super busy this week getting together things for yesterday’s Bicycle Basket Bazaar, finishing off bits for the Spread the Bloggy Love Swap and of course, charity shopping.
The Bicycle Bazaar was lovely as usual, despite a few familiar faces missing and it not being very busy. I met the lovely Linda of TabbyRoo and her beautiful daughters Tabby and Ruby. Both Linda and I were having a January clear out doing everything for £1 and although we bought a few bits from each others stalls we managed to resist buying everything off each other and going home with more than we arrived with.


My mum bought me a gorgeous Royal tin from Linda’s stall and I bought a vintage annual and 40s/50s dress. The dress is beautiful but needs a few repairs so I’ll be off to my local seamstress to see what she can do with it later in the week. My mum also bought me these cute little people from Kayleigh. I bought the tiny geisha last time and love the detail that has gone into these dainty pieces. They were only £1 each so I’m going to buy a different character each time I go to the Bazaar.

I was so excited to find the vintage hair salon Aurora Loves now open in The Fishmarket. I’ll now be cancelling my appointment at my usual hairdressers and booking in for a cut, colour and up do at Aurora Loves. The salon’s lovely, with vintage mirrors, beauty adverts and bits and pieces. I’m hoping for a victory roll to see if it suits me but I’m also tempted with the Liz Taylor hairstyle below.

I think I’m getting a bit ahead of myself in both stakes to be honest as I’m still growing my hair so it may not be long enough for either style. Also, I think I have this vision of being Liz Taylor once I have her hair and clearly that’s not going to happen. Hmm.

Thursday’s charity shop jaunt was interesting as I went to an area I’d never been to before. I really should focus on going to ‘deprived’ areas rather than affluent ones as although some of the pieces I saw were beautiful and fab quality, they were soooo overpriced. Some of the newer items they were selling could be bought for cheaper brand new from their original shop. Ridiculous. Well that didn’t’ stop me splashing out. I can’t resist vintage china, even when it is overpriced, and I came away with all this.





I stopped of at my local tip shop on the way home and picked up some very cheap and cheerful bits and pieces and also popped into a new charity shop. Everything in there was priced like an antique dealership but I struck lucky with these pieces as they didn’t have a price on them so the man serving me plucked the prices out of thin air. £3 for the 50s Dartmouth vase/planter and £3 for the gorgeous milk jug and tea pot. A few minutes on eBay later on told me that the jug and teapot are from 1909 and are relatively valuable. Not that I bought them for their value, I bought them because they’re beautiful and they’ll be staying with me.