Resolution, or Aims, Time

Happy New Year everyone! 2010 has been a pretty big year for me. I went to America (NY) for the first time, bought my first house, started my blog, did my first vintage fair/bazaar, had my gastric band and of course got my little dog Lily. I’m a silly doggy person and I can honestly say she has brightened and changed my life. I look at her each day (probably how people look at their children) and think how much I love her. Before I got her my ‘sentimental’ suitcase full of old letters etc was top of my list to save if the house was on fire, now of course it’s her before me.


Anyway, enough of the mad dog lady stuff, how are everyone’s resolutions coming along? For some reason I don’t like the word resolutions so I’m going to call them aims. I’ve made three aims, aside from losing weight and getting healthier because I think they’re probably on everyone’s list every year aren’t they.

1. To pay of the credit cards I opened as a student. In hindsight my uni spending was ridiculous; bottles of champagne ‘because I like it’, £50 bracelets, ‘because it will finish the outfit’ (and make me feel a complete person. Obviously it didn’t), Estee Lauder cosmetics, because again they would make me a complete person. Again they didn’t, and nearly £2000 of savings gone in the first year (probably spent in Topshop). The list goes on. Ridiculous, but we live and learn and I did have a damn good time at uni!

A slimmer me with my old housemate Faye at the Humanities Ball I 'needed' the bracelet for. It's a Lola Rose number and is hidden behind my back.

2. To organise my time better so that I can do more vintage fairs and the like and manage my chronic fatigue as best I can to allow this. Part of this ‘aim’ should also be to get myself into gear and open an eBay shop to continue to thin out my burgeoning vintage collection.


3. If I want to do something or go somewhere then damn well go, even if I have to go on my own. Starting with the Rob Ryan exhibition. Oooh, I’ve just checked and it finishes on the 9th so I best be off to see it on Friday. Obviously this aim is within reason, I mean I can’t just decide to fly off to Australia now can I. Especially not with aim number 1 in mind.