Honey, I'm Home

I'm back to my bloggy home! Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I am feeling much better now and it was interesting to hear how many people experience Chronic Fatigue and similar conditions. I wish you all well and am looking forward to catching up with everybody’s blogs over the next week or so.


I had thought that it was my blog’s first birthday sometime last month, but on checking I have found that it is in fact tomorrow. Just in time for me to start blogging again after a little blog ‘holiday’.

On the Saturday just gone my friend and I had our very belated birthday get together. We put it off until February as Faye (my joint birthday girl) and a friend of ours are both teachers and couldn’t face a big night out during term time, so we waited for the holidays. It was a good job as we all reverted to uni days and got way too drunk. We used to be able to handle wine by the litre and cans of Strongbow, but these days we really can’t stand the pace and the only two of us to move before 5pm the next day were my cousin and work mate (both younger than the other 6 of us I might add). The rest of us spent the day lying in ‘nests’ downstairs watching cookery programs because nobody could be bothered to move to find the remote control, eating Dominoes pizza ordered at 11am and asking anybody who managed to get up to go the loo to bring us more water/tea/orange juice.

Me, my cousin Katie & my friend Katie
 After turning into something from Booze Britain the night before and pushing the taxi driver to the limits of ‘I usually have a swear box but I’ve lost count with you guys’ we all agreed we’d never drink again…until the next time.
Katie, Me & Orla

Katie, Jessy, Me & Faye. Nobody could be bothered with inflating the air beds
Here are some of the lovely pressies I received on my ‘un-birthday’ as my friend calls it.



I’ve had sooo many goodies to open during January and February, and not just birthday and un-birthday presents. The lovely Jo from Hest & the Pugs sent me this gorgeous 1930s Scottie pin. He’s absolutely adorable and now sits on a cake stand in my living room so I can see him every day. Thanks Jo, and I can’t wait to see you again at the next Northampton Vintage Fair!


Now a big apology to Elaine for taking so damn long to blog about my amazing Spread the Bloggy Love parcel. The parcel itself was beautifully wrapped and my goodies contained a Thornton’s chocolate ginger bar, but obviously it’s not in the pics because it didn’t hang around for long. The chocolate was absolutely delicious and it was lovely to receive as part of a swap because it wasn’t something I would have thought I would have liked, but absolutely loved! So thanks for introducing me to a new delish chocolate Elaine.


In my parcel was a beautiful and lovingly made hanging heart; I love the blanket stitch and polka dot ribbon, a lovely vintage style half apron which I wore while playing hostess on Saturday night, a cute red photo frame and the most amazing tea cosy that no sits on top of my fridge giving my much too modern kitchen a vintage feel. Thanks again Elaine!

And, with it being my blog’s 1st birthday tomorrow I will be doing a giveaway for all my lovely followers! See you tomorrow xxx

Picture from http://justnicethingsuk.blogspot.com/