Great Grandad's 85th Party

The whole family spent yesterday in Liverpool for my Great Grandad George's 85th Birthday Party. He moved into a residential home a few months ago and he's looking much healthier than he did when he was at home. The staff are all lovely and bring him his tea in his favourite Everton mug.


Yesterday he had a party at the residential home, complete with entertainer and lots and lots of buffet food. He enjoyed opening his cards and presents and enjoyed having everyone there, even if he wasn't too sure who everyone was (he's got mild dementia).  The other residents really enjoyed the part too and one lady didn't stop dancing from her wheelchair and doing a hand jive with my Nan.


My cousin, Katie, and I.

This week my mum contacted UK Handmade and they were really lovely, putting a good sized advert for our Blighty Boutique Vintage & Handmade Fair in their Events section. Our lovely volunteer waitresses have also taken it upon themselves to buy matching uniforms for the vintage style tea room and they'll be wearing black 40s style tea dresses with a white lace edged pinnie. It's great of them to have bought the dresses as I really wanted them all to have matching outfits but didn't mention it as I couldn't afford to buy them, with the tea room being for charity.


The dresses don't look that vintagey in this pic but they look very vintagey on. They're Biba's Barbara Hulanicki for Asda and the dress I have on in the above pic is the same dress but in a pink/grey pattern.


I took a little trip to the tip this week and came back with these two vintage biscuit barrels. The ceramic floral one is apparently from 1917 and is so pretty. It's missing its lid but is in great condition considering it's age and now sits on my bedroom windowsill. The wooden one is complete with it's heavy ceramic inner, and will be coming along with me to Saturday's Northampton Vintage Fair. I'm also having a stall at the Discover Vintage Fair at the Pump Rooms in Leamington Spa on Sunday....a busy weekend ahead. I've also got four little helpers to assist with choosing and packing my wares for the two fairs. Lily (my Scottie) and Alfie, Jack & Betty (Mum's Westie, Scottie & Chihuahua) are all at mine this week while my mum's away for a few days, so I'm off work most of the week to try and limit how much naughtiness they get up to!


Have a good week everyone xxx