Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Pre Shampoo Treatment



First and foremost, let me apologise that I haven't used my own images. I took them when I first received this product but can't find them anywhere on my laptop and now the tub is near empty and won't look very attractive.
So I thought I would just use images from the Philip Kingsley website. Sorry!

onto the good stuff..

I was really lucky to have been sent this product to try a while ago, infact a few months ago now- the company probably thought I had forgotton about it, but I really wanted to use it for a while before I reviewed it.

The product is Philip Kingsleys Elasticizer Pre Shampoo Treatment. When I was asked to review this, I was a little curious as I had never heard of it- how had I never heard of this? After researching into it, I found out at its launch in Saks New York it sold out three times over and I also found so many reviews and raves about it and jumped at the chance.

What is it?
This is a pre-shampoo product, something I have never used before, that promises to give your hair bounce and elasticity. It also provides UV protection for your hair after it has been shampooed.

"Intensive, super-moisturizing treatment for all hair types. Adds elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine. Suitable for colour treated hair"

How do you use it?
This product is so easy to use. You apply it in sections to dampened hair prior to washing it, massage it into your hair with extra attention to the length and ends and then choose how you would like to follow the process- you can use it two ways; rinse immediately like a normal treatment or for dry and damaged hair cover it with the plastic cap provided and leave for 10-20 minutes. I personally think you may as well get the most of the product and leave it on for a while, I apply it before I have a bath and relax with my head cap on.
I don't have the Philip Kingsley Shampoo or Conditioner, so I just use my normal products to follow but it is adviced to use them products.

"- For Fine & Medium Textured hair apply sparingly through your mid lengths and ends
- For Coarse, Wavy, Curly or Frizzy hair use more generously through your hair’s length

When to Use on Unprocessed hair
- For Fine & Medium Textured hair, use once or twice a month
- For Coarse, Wavy, Curly or Frizzy hair, use once a week
When to Use on Processed hair
- For Fine & Medium Textured hair, use once a week

- For Coarse, Wavy, Curly or Frizzy hair, use twice a week"- Philip Kingsley Website

I use this whenever my hair feels like it needs a little fixing, maybe once a week.

It smells very clean and is more of a cream consistency than normal conditioner/treatments which I really like.

Results

The results are said to be visible from the first application, but my mum and I found it to be more visible after a couple of uses. We both have quite fine hair.

I'm in huge need of a hair cut but I think that this has settled my ends and kept it in good condition for the time being.
It doesn't leave your hair feeling weighed down which is perfect. I personally think it leaves my hair in such good condition, my ends feel and look a lot stronger and leaves the lengths of my hair looking alot more moisturised and shiny.
It gives my hair a natural bounce which I love, without volumising products my hairs pretty lifeless so this adds a natural bit of oomph to my hair.

My mum loves it because it leaves her hair feeling alot less brittle and again very shiny, she also loves the smell.
This product is a little more pricey than most hair products that I use at £25.50 for the 150ml tub but if your hair is in need for a good treatment then I would definitely recommend this.

Its available in different sizes and even a single sachet for £3.60 if you just wanted to try it.

You can buy all varieties on the Philip Kingsley website here

xx