John Frieda Sheer Blonde- Controlled Lightening Spray

Hello my lovelys,

Ready just in time for Summer, ready for those beachy locks, John Frieda have launched there Go Blonder spray into there Sheer Blonde range.




I was offered the chance to try a few of the John Frieda products and this is one of the products that I was really eager to get my hands on.

"Our exclusive, versatile formula with citrus and chamomile works with blow-dryer heat to gradually lighten and brighten for a natural-looking, blonder blonde. Visibly lightens in 3-5 uses. With Thermal Protectant. Not suitable for use on medium brown or darker shades of hair."
"For blondes only"


Okay, you got me- slapped wrists! I'm completely and utterly medium brown when it comes to hair colours but I couldn't really resist trying this. I always use Shampoo's and Conditioners for light hair, because I like the way it makes my hair look.
A little bit anxious at the risk of turning my hair into a huge mess for summertime, and knowing if it went wrong it would be completely my fault..I got spraying.
The fact that it is called Controlled Lightening Spray made me feel a little more on the safe side, but honestly I don't know how "controlled" it is.
I would like to clearly state here that I am not a hairdresser, I do not have any qualifications to give advice on hair and I do not recommend this to any one with Medium Brown or darker hair. I started using going 100% against the advice John Frieda gave.

I feel a little naughty saying this, because I don't want anyone else with darker hair to try it and then it go awfully wrong- but I love this spray!

When I first saw this product in Boots I couldn't help but think 'Sun In'..I covered my hair in that stuff when I was about 12 in Portugal and looked a horrid mess and ever since then Lightening products have scared me, but I can safely say that John Frieda are not like Sun In and have created a little wonder in spray form.

Directions
"Spray thoroughly on towel-dried hair, then style as desired. For optimal lightening, use hair straighteners or tongs after blow-drying. The more heat you use, the greater the effects.
ALLOVER LIGHTENING: Spray hair thoroughly, making sure to cover surface and under sections. Comb through and blow-dry.
HIGHLIGHTS: Spray on select strands from root to end. Comb through and blow-dry.
ROOT-BLENDING: Part hair into 1 inch sections and spray on roots. Blow-dry.

The way I used this product was after I had washed my hair, I towel dried it into a big scrunchy mess and sprayed throughly, but in no way evenly. I don't want all over blonde hair, I just want a little sunkissed colour for the Summer.
After blow-drying it I used my GHD's on it for "optimal lightening" and of course, because I wanted straight locks.
I have used this product about 4 times now, and have just started noticing the effects.
It has ever so slightly lightened my locks. Maybe 2 shades lighter than it was to begin with. I doubt it will be hugely noticable to everyone else but I can definitely notice a difference- especially to my ends which have gone alot lighter and given me a little bit of an unintentional ombre effect which I'm loving.

I'm not going to get carried away with this product as it isn't recommended for Brown hair and I don't want to keep going and then push my luck and end up regretting it. I'm happy with how its left my hair looking after a few tries and will maybe just use it once every few washes.

Ingredients
Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Polysorbate 20, Disodium Phosphate, Phosphoric Acid, VP/VA Copolymer, Polyquaternium-47, Parfum, Polyquaternium-55, Propylene Glycol, Acid Violet 43, Vitis Vinifera Juice Extract, Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract, Tocopherol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool.


As you can see this product does have Hydrogen Peroxide in it-(more commonly known as bleach), which further added to my worry. I was terrified I would end up with a bleached stripey highlighted look or something.
Honestly, when John Frieda say this product is for Blondes only I think there saying it for the best.
I really don't want you Brunettes being risky and thinking because it worked for me, it will for you and then ending up with a mess.
For you blondes- you lucky things. This product will give you the most amazing effects and keep your hair looking bright,, blonde and beautiful. I imagine this would be great for touch ups between colours?

The spray comes in a 100ml size bottle and is apart of the Sheer Blonde range and costs £6.99
Full details of this product are on the John Frieda website here.


I hope your all very well
xx