He-Shi Quick + Easy Dark Foaming Mousse For Him and Her

Hello my fellow fake tanners,

I have been lucky enough to be given the chance to try He-Shis Dark Tanning Foam in my quest to find the best tan on the market.
I will start off by saying I am very impressed with the colour of this tan, I love the darkness to it but I'm not a fan on all of its qualities- but lets face it, its only the colour that matters.



My opinion on whether I prefer lotions of mousses changes very frequently, however the majority of the time I will always choose a mousse over a lotion. I don't know why- I just like the way it works, however this mousse seems a little different to others I have tried- Fake Bake, St Tropez, St Moriz..
It seems ever so runny and so you do have to be rather quick when applying. The picture I have inserted below demonstrates this perfectly. It runs away rather than staying in the same foamy blob like most do, which doesn't make it difficult- just a little bit annoying.

The 'see where it goes' colour guide scared me a little a first- all I could see was yellow/orange tones to it and if I'm honest it terrified me. A small while after application, I found this definitely developed into a deep brown tone and my worries were soon washed away.
I didn't really enjoy the application of this tan if I'm completely honest, out of all the tans I have tried- this was the runniest, most lightweight and thinnest consistency and I quite like to really be able to see and feel where I'm applying.
A little bit of product also seeped through my mitt and stained my hand but this washed off after a bit of scrubbing.
This tan dries on the skin in a reasonable time, definitely within a couple of minutes which is great.
After showering the morning after my first application I was VERY dark, I worried I was a little orange but my mum and friends assured me that I wasn't- but I was darker than normal. On top of these worries, due to the application that I found to be a little tricky I had a couple of streaky fails which added to the whole situation.

Although this product is suitable to use on your face as well as your body, I'm yet to try it as I was also given the Facial Tanning Gel which I LOVE and will review very very soon.
After wearing this for a couple of days and receiving tons of compliments, I have eventually decided that this colour is perfectly normal and was what you would really expect from a 'Dark Foaming Mousse'. Not as Olive as I usually opt for, but still a fab colour.


For a darker colour, you can reapply the tan but I don't think its really necessary.
It lasted about 4-5 days for me before it started going patchy, which is more than enough for me as I would normally reapply by then anyway.

You can view the full range of He-Shi products on there website here and you can purchase He-Shi Dark Foaming Mousse for £27 for a 150ml bottle here.

I hope this has helped you on your searches for a great tan
xx