Lipcote- The Original Lipstick Sealer


I don't know whether you feel the same, but Lipcote is one of those products that I literally have walked past every single time I have been in Boots, Superdrug or Urban Outfitters and disregarded for as long as I can remember. 
I always noticed it- but never really even picked it up. I always saw it as one of those really old products, but thinking about it now- that's very silly as we all know that if a product isn't worth having on a shelf then it wouldn't have been stocked for like I said- as long as I can remember.

I am so annoyed at myself, for yet again only picking this up to have a look at because I liked the packaging- more fool me. If I had have picked this up before on one of my many trips into the said stores- I would have been even more lip happy than I already was. What a fantastic product!

Lipcote has been around for 50 years and after speaking about it have recently found out that my nan and my mum have both used it- hello why didn't they inform me of this sooner?!
It is the ultimate lipstick sealer. 

"Long lasting, transfer and water resistant lip colour- covered"

Say goodbye to them lipsticks that don't really stay around on the lips. This product works.

Images from www.lipcote.com


Okay, so on application it's a little bit horrid. It feels and kind of tastes like you're applying Nail Varnish remover or something of that kind to your lips and it isn't overly pleasant but if I can get past that then I'm sure you can. 

How to use-
1. Apply Lipstick
2. Blot, reapply lippy, blot again
3. Brush on Lipcote
4. Wait a minute or so for touch dry and 10 for the ultimate hold

I mostly use this on Red Lips but I applied this with MAC Gaga at work the other day and after checking at the end of a busy six hour flight- it was still on my lips looking perfect.

The full stocklist is available to see on the Lipcote website here which is an incredibly pretty site, but I purchased this in Superdrug for a tiny £3.45 which is so reasonable.




Lipcote is now an absolute staple in my make up bag- have you tried it?

xx