Xen Tan Spray Tan at Saks Hair & Beauty

Hey sweets,

Last Saturday I was very kindly given the chance to go for a Xen Tan Spray Tan at a Saks Salon nearby.
Being such a big fan of Xen Tan I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was. 

With quite short notice and never one to be untanned, I had to have a very last minute exfoliating session- just within the recommended 24 hour slot.

Hair, make up and deodorant free I took a little drive to the Saks Salon in Cheam, which is located inside a David Lloyd gym to go and get sprayed.

The Beauty Therapist was really lovely. After taking me to the treatment room, she asked me whether I had used Xen Tan before and what colour tan I wanted to achieve. I insisted that for me, the darker the better.

I stripped down to my paper thong (lovely) and applied my sticky feet and was ready to glow.
The lady applied a small amount of oil free moisturiser onto my elbows, knees and ankles to ensure that I had an even tan with no horrible patches and started to spray.

The spray itself was definitely one of the more pleasant smelling spray tans, it was incredibly sweet and in fact was very similar to the Xen Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe.

After the spray, which lasted just a few minutes, I was patted down with a tanning mitt slightly on my hands and feet and left to dry for a couple of minutes.
Thankfully, I brought my regular loose fake tan clothes because anything else could have possibly ruined the effect.

The initial tan colour wasn't as dark and overbearing as I know some spray tans are and wasn't orange either. It was the perfect colour, I popped into the shop after and didn't get too many strange looks which is always a good sign.

As far as spray tans go, it wasn't too sticky. I was definitely aware throughout the day that I had it on, but it wasn't uncomfortable in the slightest.

Here's a little photo I took with my phone when I got into the car a few minutes after the treatment. 


I showered the initial spray off after eight hours, which is about the recommended time frame.
I was a little bit sad when the glow I had come to get used to over the day was washed away, but very pleased especially the next day when my tan had completely developed into such a nice shade.
Xen Tan is known for its Olive tan shade rather than the typical fake tan Orange, which is definitely what you're looking for in the search for the perfect tan.

Seven days later, my tan is just now starting to go a little dry and patchy. For me, seven days is amazing. I usually tan every few days, so to have a tan stay fabulous for that length of time on me is great.
The treatment is actually advertised as lasting up to ten days, wow.

Here's a picture of me six days after having my spray tan.
You can see that my fingers are slightly pale now, probably due to washing my hair a few times throughout the week and where I wear my watch has worn off slightly- but I find thats normal for me with any tan.


I'm really pleased with the results of my Xen Tan Spray Tan and would really recommend it, just as I always do with the Xen Tan products.

They give a really nice colour, feel nice on the skin, smell fantastic and have great staying power.

Saks Salons have only recently started Xen Tan Spray Tans, it's a really great service and if you have one close by I can't recommend it enough.

To find your nearest Saks Hair & Beauty Salon, have a little look online here
and to have a look at Xen Tans Little Book of Tanning Tips have a little look here

Have you had a Xen Tan experience and do you love it as much as I do?

xx