Bare Minerals SPF15 Original Foundation



Believe it or not, sometimes I much prefer to wear a natural looking face and on days where I'm not going anywhere particularly special or am wearing quite a casual outfit I think the barely there look is just perfect.

Today was one of those days, just running a few errands and popping out for a quick lunch I'm just wearing a slouchy jumper and leggings and feel the quick, hardly no effort, barely there look was quite fitting.

On a day like this, the product I will now always reach for is my Bare Minerals Foundation.
For years now, so many of my friends have raved about the Bare Minerals products and I kind of always just disregarded them, assuming that mineral make up wouldn't be for me.
I'm actually really annoyed, as will happily admit- I was so wrong, and really wish that I had given it a chance a long time before now.
I received this in a goodie bag that I was given at the "I'm a force of beauty" campaign launch which I blogged about here, and I am so, so grateful!

The shade I was matched to, is not my natural shade but it perfect for me when I am fake tanned, which is essentially always. The shade is N30 Tan and I don't think it couldn't be any more perfect for me. It goes really well with the colour that Xen Tan Dark Lotion gives me which is fabulous.

It doesn't give amazing coverage, but certainly covers small blemishes.  On days when I choose to wear this foundation, full coverage isn't really what I'm really going for anyway.

I apply a small amount with my Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face brush and use a swirling motion to buff it into my skin. I can't begin to explain how quick and easy it is to apply, its so effortless which I absolutely love.
On the skin it feels so incredibly lightweight and soft, I wish all of my make up felt like how this product does.

Whats brilliant about these products is that they can very easily be mixed in order to create your perfect shade. Like I said, I was matched to this shade and it works well for me but I think its important to get matched at a counter in order to get the perfect shade for you, as there really is so many.

It includes an SPF15, which is fantastic, and I really wish I had not just assumed this wouldn't be for me as I think it would have been such a good product for me when I was away in Thailand.

When I go back to work, this will be the perfect product for me. There is nothing worse than being in such a dehydrating and busy environment with a full face of make up, and so this will now be such a relief to my skin- allowing it to feel, and look so great as well as being super lightweight. Another bonus is that with it being mineral, I won't have to ditch it at security because of the liquid restrictions, which is where a few of my products have unfortunately ended up in the past.

Bare Minerals foundation costs £24, which may seem quite a bit but a little goes such a long way and I think it will last a very long time.
The Full Flawless Face brush costs £19. If you read my Real Techniques brush post, you'll know that I said I don't like spending too much on brushes, but this really is so soft and lovely to use that I may have to retract that statement! I think in terms of brushes, it is true and you do get what you pay for (note I have admitted I was wrong twice in this post!) 

For more information, visit the Bare Minerals website here.