Illamasqua Powder Blush- Lover









A few weeks ago whilst browsing on the Illamasqua website, I found that it was completely necessary to order another blush to add to my now ever growing collection. 

I decided to order Lover, which is no surprise- a matte soft apricot shade. I have seen pop up in quite a few of my favourite blogs in the past and have always thought it looked really nice. I'm not sure why but this was in fact my first ever Illamasqua purchase and although that's pretty shocking, I'm glad that Lover was the first product I chose to try. It's so like everything I have already, which does seem a little wasteful but at the same time at least I know I will get wear from it and it also gives my make up application a little variety.

I really love the colour and brightness it gives to my cheeks, the super pigmentation and the size of this product but one thing I'm not so keen on is the packaging. I really like a product to look nice both on and in the pan, but this packaging doesn't really wow me. I would much prefer if the clear front was closed in and was replaced with a mirror inside, as it makes application on the go a lot easier with not having to then carry a mirror too. 

I'm going to try my hardest to play around with a few different shades of blush, but I can't make any promises that I will ever sway away from my love of apricot, corals or peaches. 

Illamasqua Powder Blushes cost £16.50 for 4.5g which personally I think is pretty reasonable. Of course, it's definitely still more on the pricey side for a blush, but in terms of being high end it is one of the lower costing blushes available and for the quality of the product, I think it's worth it. 

Have you tried Lover or any other Illamasqua products? What is your go to blush?

xx