Limited Edition Metallic ghd Collection











I've always been a huge fan of ghds and have had numerous pairs in my life since I was about 15.
Though they have never failed me and I have never needed to purchase a new pair through them being broken etc, I was always intrigued by the Limited Edition Straighteners and have consequently received them for many Birthdays and Christmases through the years.

The various colours and styles are always so eye catching and a lot more fun than the original Black ones, which were in fact the last ones I had in replacement for a Pink Breast Cancer Awareness pair that my mum "borrowed" one day. 

Limited Edition styles are released into the ghd Collections quite regularly, though the latest on the market are the glamorous Metallic ghds. They come as a part of a beautiful gift set, which features the classic styler in either Shimmering Silver, Sahara Gold or Rich Ruby* along with a quilted case that also works as a very useful heat resistant mat. Before this, I was forever burning surfaces or bed covers which is extremely dangerous, so this is a very handy addition!

I've never actually tried any other brand of hair straightener, because quite frankly I don't need to. I'm really passionate about ghd as a brand and haven't ever felt the need to use anything else. The quality of the straightening irons are excellent and they work on my hair incredibly well, leaving my locks beautifully straight with a professional finish and shine with minimal time and effort. I know there is often quite a worry about using heat on coloured hairstyles, but I have never experienced any problems and my hair is always left looking shiny and feeling soft, although I would highly recommend using a heat protectant spray as always.  

  The appealing features are also what make ghd second to none. The high temperature Ceramic plates are very smooth and so run through your hair with such ease and no snagging what so ever. They are also contoured in shape, which makes it a lot easier to create curls and waves. The swivel cord adds to making this function easier. I can be a little clumsy at times but having a 360° function in the cord is a huge help. 
Something that I was quite late into finding out about ghd, though when I did find out I was very pleasantly pleased, is the universal voltage function and the fact that hidden underneath the standard plug is in fact a European plug which makes life a lot easier for me when going on trips with work.

The overall experience with ghd is really lovely and if you're interested in this sparkly gift set, it is available here and costs £135.

Are you a fan of ghd like I am? What pair do you have?