La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Balm







I was recently sent La Roche-Posays Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Balm* to try and although I don't suffer with skin that needs to be treated as such, my mum unfortunately does and so I passed it her way in an attempt to find a product that would help her skin condition.

My mum has suffered with extremely sore, itchy, irritated, cracked and dry hands for the past few years and has literally tried everything to heal them. Prescriptions, over the counter creams and lotions such as E45 have worked okay up until now but nothing has ever worked super well and actually healed her hands leaving them comfortable and relieved.

Being the beauty obsessed girl that I am and constantly acquiring different lotions and potions, I always pass on ones to my mum that I think might help and pretty much all of the time they fail.
We wasn't really too sure with what to expect with this balm, but nevertheless, she decided to give it a go as the properties did seem pretty impressive. 

I must admit, I didn't really expect exceptional results from it, purely because of the previous history with products but within about a week, my mum was already so incredibly pleased and literally couldn't take the smile away from her face. She was irritation free for the first time in what seemed like forever and her hands had in just a couple of weeks, healed so much both visibly and how they felt.

As quoted by my mum: "it completely sinks into my skin within about ten minutes and doesn't feel greasy at all. It sounds silly, but it has made such a huge difference to my every day life. I don't feel irritated or annoyed by the fact that my hands constantly itch and hurt and I can just get on with my day. You do need to persevere with the cream and give it at least two weeks to work properly although you do notice slight differences every day. I follow the instructions and use a tiny bit twice a day, and although the price did seem quite high compared to others I have tried it's totally worth while and I have already recommended it to so many people!"

This product works to soothe and repair everyday skin irritations and minor injuries. It's suitable for the whole family and can be used on the hands, face and body. It's Paraben and Fragrance free and coming from my mum who has honestly tried everything to heal and soothe her hands, it really is a miracle cream and worth a go. It's so refreshing to find a product that works so well and we are both so extremely grateful.

I stocked up on this product for her whilst in the French Pharmacies in Paris but it is now available in Boots and pharmacies nationwide and costs £15.50 for 100ml, although Boots are currently running a 25% off offer here