Ciate Sequin Manicure- Tutu



 





I must admit, I've never really been one to fall for nail effect trends and Ciates previous effect, Caviar Nails wasn't really to my taste either, however when it comes to Glitter and sequins especially over Christmas time I couldn't fall any harder and I have become such a fan of this Ciate Sequin Manicure set*.

The set comes with a little Black brush, a clear sequin glitter grip and of course the pot of beautiful glitter and honestly, it couldn't be any easier to use.

Though you are meant to use it on a bare nail, I've only ever used it on top of a polished nail and to be honest it's always worked for me so I don't think it really matters.
 You quite simply paint one coat of the glitter grip, which is pretty much a clear varnish, then apply a second before dip rolling your nail into the pot of glitter, press the glitter into the nail and remove any excess with the brush, apply another coat of the glitter grip and then leave to dry for 15-20 minutes (although mine seem to dry a lot quicker!).

I think it's such a lovely effect and although I tend to only wear it on an accent nail, it gets so much attention and I have had numerous compliments on how nice it looks. The coverage is really good, making it stand out beautifully and I think it's perfect especially for over the Christmas period.

There is no doubt about it that this can be done in a more DIY fashion, I've done it in the past myself, but this set really is great and makes it so easy. 

This is in the shade Tutu, which is made up of Golds, Purples and Reds but I definitely want to pick up the Super Duper one, which is Silvers and Golds and looks divine.

Ciate Sequin Manicure Sets cost £14 and are available here in Selfridges.

Do you like nail effects? Would you like your nails to sparkle in glitter?