Fake Bake Beyond Bronze Self Tanning Mousse & Xen Tan Absolute Luxe

Hello my lovelys,
Its been a while since I reviewed a product but since the summers weather in the UK is a little bit dull I thought I'd return with a review of my favourite kind of product- Fake Tan!
A few months ago I was converted from Fake Bake to Xen Tan. I didn't blog about it because literally every blog I read, there was a review. But it was the Xen Tan Dark Lotion and it is to die for!
In the space of about 2 months I purchased two bottles and raved about it to possibly everyone I know.
In a state of emergency, with Xen Tan sold out in House of Fraser I picked up a bottle of the "New Improved Formula" Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake Mousse. Those of you that have read my blog will know that this used to be my favourite. But not so much now..
It was on special offer for £15 from about £23 in Superdrug so I thought why not, especially seeing as I was heading down the extremely pale route.

I'm not quite sure what part of this product is new and improved. I'm sorry if that seems rather harsh but I don't want anybody to be fooled. Its no where near as dark as it used to be, the results are extremely poor and leave a rather yellow looking colour, the consistancy is alot thinner and the bottle is ugly. I much prefered the results before, the pump bottle, the thicker consistancy and the darker colour guide. Its even gone up in price!
This is a little bit of a rant because I am actually so disapointed. It has been put to me whether I have just gone off Fake Bake because of my new found love of Xen Tan but to be honest, I think anyone that has used the old and the new Fake Bake would both have the same opinion.

Below is a few pictures I snapped on my iPhone whilst I was applying..
Okay so the colour guide colour isn't THAT bad, maybe a little more human than the darker colour that used to come out, but honestly- it all comes off in the shower. If it was an instant wash off, then it might work. But its not.
Theres not much to heart about it, but you can see in the little heart photo that the consistancy is just so watery and runny as soon as it touches your skin or mitt.



Thank god that this little beauty came in my post today..


Xen Tans NEW Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe. I've been waiting for its release for ages now and its finally here! I prepared my skin for it and I can't wait to apply it tonight. I promise I'll get a review up as soon as possible.
I'm sorry if this post seemed like I hate Fake Bake. I dont, I'm just really disapointed. However, I can say I have used the Instant Fake Bake since my last fake tan post and have grown to like it a little bit more.
I'd love it if someone could proove me wrong and just tell me I had a faulty/gone off bottle of the new mousse..Pleasee?

xx