My little crochet cactus.

I feel like hell this morning. For some ungodly reason I thought champagne on First Friday was a good idea last night. Ooops. But as promised, I brought my laptop in today so I can (finally) share photos of my last crochet project. Some images are from my crappy phone, so please bare with me...



This was the first photo I took. I had completed the main portion of the cactus, and was almost done with the pot for it. (somebody needs a manicure, huh?)


The mister thought it'd be fun to make the pieces into a pac-man ghost fisherman guy...and it was. April, my little bean, also enjoyed it....

Please pardon my super messy house, we were in the process of moving...


At this point, I had made an arm for my cactus, and was in process of adding some soil.


And after making a few cactus flowers and stuffing and sewing everything together, I finally had finished the project I set out to do. I have a bad habit of starting many-a-projects at once then it takes ten years to finish anything...but this time, I got it done in close to a week....that's even with moving! I was fairly proud of myself.

This is where I got the idea from...she gives instructions for how to make it, but after glancing through them, I kind of took my own approach....I didn't quite get the ridging right, but overall, my goal was achieved! Click the photo to take you to her flickr where she gives instructions.

Crochet Cactus revisited + free pattern


I'm currently working out of this amazing book:


and so far this is what I've done:


I also have about a billion other projects in mind, so I'm not fully sure if I'll make it all the way through the book before starting something new....but when I do, I'll be sure to post about it :)

Take care lovies. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!