DIY: Ombre

I've loved the whole 'Ombre' thing for ages now and have looked at photos of it with major hair envy..I've also wanted my hair a little lighter for ages now, so yesturday, I finally took the plunge and did it!




I didn't want to have a major colour contrast and the whole concept of bleach kinda scares me, so I was a little weary..
There isn't many highlight/bleaching kits in Boots and Superdrug, some of them look pretty darn scary! The only normal looking one was this..Loreal Paris Perfect Blonde Creme. It cost £5.99 which I think is pretty fab.




My hairs in desperate need of a cut so I thought "what the heckkk, if it fails, I get the ends chopped"..
In the box you get a little cap for normal highlights. You do not need this.
All you need is the sachets and colour developer, mix it together and voila- the fun begins!
I used my hands to put it on roughly..in no way did I put it on "perfectly" as I didnt want a straight line, I put it very rough so that it blended well. The colour started to take really fast, I only left it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off. I then applied the conditioner :)
It was already lightened, but I decided to lighten the very ends a little bit more so blow dried and repeated the process. There so much product left that my best friend Nikki also did hers.
My hairs a little bit all over the place when it comes to colour anyway, but I feel like its really lightened around my face. My camera doesnt pick it up very well, in "real life" its alot more natural. I love it!
xx