Happy Christmas!

I don't know why but I find snow or any really bad weather actually, a really good excuse to do absolutely nothing and just sit and read. I'm not really a person who reads a bit each night before I go to bed, because once I start a book I have to finish it within a day or so. I suppose I could read a book each night instead of wasting time watching TV but I'm not sure that would feel the same, probably because watching TV requires minimum effort and attention and when I'm watching TV I tend to almost switch off mentally, unless it’s a really good program that I've been following. I think this is why I tend to watch things like 'Paramedics' 'Real Rescues' and the like. They're require total minimum effort to watch.

So anyway, this weather has given me a really good excuse to cuddle up with a candlewick and read. I read The Wasp Factory yesterday as I've been wanting to read it for ages, and to be honest I'm not sure what I thought of it. It was intriguing enough to keep me reading but it's not something I'd want to read again. So yesterday night I started my second book and chose something I knew I'd enjoy. I bought a full set of Agatha Christie Miss Marple books from a carboot sale months ago and have been waiting to get reading them all, in chronological order of course. I read Agatha's first Miss Marple, Murder at the Vicarage, while at Uni and loved it so started The Thirteen Problems and love it already. It's so clever how she's set 13 short narratives within another narrative. I'd definitely recommend it. I'm sure there's an actual word for setting a narrative within a narrative that I learnt at uni, but I have the worst memory ever and I'm sure my education has been totally wasted by the fact that I can only half remember that I learnt something about 'something' but can't fully recall it. It drives me mad and I’m going to blame it on my dyslexia related limited memory.


I’d love to be one of these people that can recall all sorts of stuff because I do find what I have learnt genuinely interesting, I just can’t blooming remember any of it. My cousin finds uni really easy because he remembers so much information, so once he’s read something it’s permanently stored and he doesn’t have to keep reading over the same stuff again or relearning things. Super handy for exams. I used to remember 3 key points then ‘brain dump’ them onto the exam paper the minute I turned it over and then elaborate on them.

I’ve seen from the news and everyone’s blogs that the snow has hit everywhere this time. I do love the snow; although I’m not sure that feeling will last when I need to go out tomorrow. I think I may have to dig the car out. Lily absolutely loves it and though it was very exciting that she had to dig her giant tennis ball out of the snow. Here she is wearing her lovely new colour that her Nan bought her from Pene. It’s so pretty and is covered in East of India Union Jack ribbon. Pene has a little dog too, a cute little westie girl called Daisy.



This will be my last post until after Christmas so I hope everybody has a lovely time and eats lots of yummy food and has lots of lovely company xxx