Monthly Make

I managed to resist going to the carboot sale today as I can quite easily spend £30 to £50 before I know it. Instead I’m going to try and do some eBay listings of two pairs of lush Topshop platforms that I have to part with. I absolutely love them but it’s a bit silly to keep hold of shoes that are too big isn’t it? Plus if I sell them then maybe I could use the funds to scour eBay for the same pairs but in the size smaller? I’ve always been between shoe sizes but now that I’m losing weight it’s getting even worse and I think I might even be a size 5 ½ now instead of a ‘I’m a bit smaller than a 6’.

Picture by Beryl Cook. I love her work
On the weight loss front I’ve now officially lost 1 ½ stone so I’m really pleased. It’s a bit odd suddenly fitting into clothes I haven’t been in for ages as my weight loss seems to have happened really fast and I kind of feel like I’ve lost more in inches than I have in pounds. I’m going to ask my aunt to measure me during the week so I’ll be boring you all to death with how many inches I’ve lost sometime this week.

At the beginning of January I signed up to The Felt Fairy’s Monthly Make and since I’m not particularly good at crafting I thought I’d stick to something nice and simple. I made a few sewing cases from different coloured felt and then embroidered them or embellished them with stars etc in contrasting colours. I love felt as I don’t have to hem it and it makes for nice and easy craft projects. Like I said, I’m not a great crafter and therefore I like to do not only simple things, but short things, otherwise my crafting gets abandoned halfway through. I’m not sure what I’ll do with these, maybe save them for Christmas and Birthday presents for the family.

P.S. Lily says ‘Hi’ from her bed….the millionth ‘bed’ she’s made today. God knows where she thinks she’s having these ‘puppies’ of hers because so far she’s got the sofa, my bed, a bed on the craft room floor, a pile of washing waiting to go into the machine and, last but not least, her own bed, to choose from!