Mavala Spring/Summer Carrousel Collection

I was very kindly sent 3 Mavala Nail Varnishes from the new Spring/Summer Collection to try.
I've never tried any other Mavala products so I was very excited to sweep these colours over my nails.


They colours I got were
-Blush Pink
-Smoky Blue
-Lame Gold





In comparison to other brands, these bottles are really quite small. I really like that about them because I find I never get through a bottle of nail varnish and there really convenient to keep in your makeup bag.




Blush Pink
This shade is a really pretty pale romantic Pink. Its very soft and has a slight shimmer to it leaving the colour with a really nice finish.
It's quite a thin consistency even when shaken so I needed to apply 3 coats because I have false nails with tips on them which were showing through too much.
It is quite a transparent colour but could be built up if you wanted to have a more opaque finish.
I do however think sometimes a more transparent nail colour can be pretty, it looks a little more natural and often more flattering.




Lame Gold
This isn't really a shade that I would normally pick out of a collection but I am really glad I have tried it because I really like it.
Its very much a light gold, with a shimmer running through it to make it shine and ever so slightly sparkle.
It's a really natural looking shade, which isn't too obvious to the eye.
My mum doesn't really wear anything on her nails but she applied this aswell and is absolutely loving it.
Like the Blush Pink, its also quite a tranparent colour that could be built up but I think that it really works well for it. If your wanting more of a natural looking gold, then this would definately be perfect colour for you.
I think in the summer when I'm wearing gold little sandals this will be such a flattering colour.


Smoky Blue

I really love this colour. In real life, it is a little darker. I tried to photograph the "true" colour but it wasn't working very well at all. It's a little deeper and slightly more Navy?
It applies really well and I only needed two coats to get the perfect finish.
It stays really shiny for such a long time aswell which is lovely. I hate when a nail varnish starts to look a little dull.
Unlike the Blush Pink and Lame Gold, this is a very opaque colour. I'm not sure whether thats just because its darker but it really is a lovely colour and finish.


All of these colours dried pretty fast. I applied the second coats before the first coats had completely dried and they still dried really quickly and smooth. I'm currently wearing the Smoky Blue and it feels so smooth to the touch.


The smell of the varnishes is quite strong when applying. This isn't something that particulary bothers me, but my mum did comment on it so I thought I had better add in it. There is no smell when the product has dried.

The full range of the Carrousel Collection is;

Blush Pink, Lame Gold, Bronze Green, Rococo Red, Darling Pink and Smoky Blue

They retail at £4.10 which I think is a fantastic price and you can pick up these beauts from John Lewis, D





These beauts retail at £4.10 each which I think is a fantastic price and are available to buy at John Lewis, Debenhams and Salons nationwide 01732 459412.





I really want to try the Bronze Green! It looks amazing.





xx