HD Brows- Part One

Hey dolls,

I've just got back from having my HD Brows done and whilst it was fresh in my mind I wanted to share my experience with you.
I'm currently in shock due to the loss of what seems now like half a brow- but in the morning will probably be nothing.

What is HD Brows?
HD Brows is High Definition Brow perfection in 7 steps. It's an eyebrow shaping technique and really can transform any brow. There is so many people training in this at the moment and it's really taking the market by storm.  

I went to Anesis in Clapham to get them done, which is such a lovely salon and I highly recommend it. The girl that did my brows was lovely and really welcoming. The treatment costs £35 which does seem a lot for eyebrows, but realistically you're getting five different treatments in one and you really won't need to touch them for about a month.

I had to go for a patch test last night, just to make sure I wasn't allergic to the Tint. I know it's one of those things none of us can be bothered with, but with a new treatment I do think it's important because you do not want to have to deal with an unwanted reaction.

I was taken into a little room that was stocked with HD products and had a little consultation about what I want to achieve at the end of the course. I want wider, longer, thicker brows. Both of my brows are also completely different shape so I want them to eventually even out. The lady explained this was completely achievable and usually takes about three treatments (one every 3-4 weeks). 

My left brow is thicker and in better shape but my right one has the length (opposite in the photos!) 

HD Brows isn't an immediate miracle, they do take work and have to be waxed, threaded and plucked into a state that they can progress from to achieve the look you want. 
I was told if necessary they would leave in strays if they were needed for the final look.

The therapist talked me through the seven step process and explained what and why she was doing each part.
The process is:
Tint- to dye the brows.
Wax- initial shape
Thread- get rid of the baby hairs above
Pluck- pluck the strays
Cut- to even them out
Pencil- where you need to grow the brows in order for final shape
Mineral Make Up- to reduce redness

It can take up to about 45 minutes depending on your brows, but mine look about 25 minutes from start to finish. 


As you can probably see (beyond the messy tan lines) my right brow -left in the photos, has a huge chunk missing. As much as I don't currently like it, I have been assured that to get to the angle and shape I want in the end this had to be done. 
The therapist asked me before if I pencil my brows in and I do, so it doesn't really matter as when I have my face on it won't notice. By my next treatment they will also have hopefully grown and they will be able to work on them further to get the shape I want. 
My brow also looks a lot higher, but one of my brows is higher anyway as you can see in the before photo and always has been so this is totally unavoidable. 
It's all to do with face shapes, bone structure and facial expressions blahblahblah! 


I'm really happy with the treatment, especially the shape of my left brow. The right- obviously not so much, but as I said it is a working progress. I don't want you to look at these photos and think OH MY GOD I'M GONNA END UP WITH HALF A BROW and be put off- it's different for everyone and I had only a few hairs in that area to begin with. 
I'll take some photos tomorrow and I'm sure they'll look tons better. 

I really do recommend HD Brows if you want a reshape or even your first shape, can't be bothered with doing your brows or have over-plucked- they really can get them into perfection! 

 If you're interested in getting them done, you can find your nearest HD Brow Salon on the HD Brow website here


I'm sure I've missed out on loads, so if you have any questions please feel free to email me or comment below!

I hope you're well xx