Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel- Bronzing Make Up Base









I recently mentioned that I finally took the plunge and purchased Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel, more commonly known as Chanel Bronze Universal.
I have wanted this for ages, but it was near impossible to get hold of one due to the fact that I think they were in the process of redesigning it. Fortunately, I finally did and I don't even know where to begin with how much I love this product. It's easily my favourite product of the year so far.

Before the product even comes into it, this has the most delightful, beautiful packaging and before I even apply it I feel a million dollars. The look, the feel and the Gold Chanel logo taking centre stage turns this from a good product into such a luxurious product and I feel so incredibly happy to finally own it.
Taking it out of my make up bag makes me smile- sad right?

I have read so many reviews on this product, both good and bad. The most common negative comment on this product seems to be that people have found it quite difficult to use and were disappointed by that. I was a little hesitant because of this, however I still gave it ago and luckily from the offset I seem to have been able to use this with ease. Maybe thats because I did know what to expect or maybe I am just lucky.

It's a cream, mousse like formula and can be used on it's own or with other products, both under and on top of your foundation. I personally like to use it as a bronzer on top of my foundation.
I have tried quite a few brushes to apply this, but my favourite at the moment is most definitely my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. 
The smallest amount product is needed so I would suggest not going overboard and thinking you need more than one swirl of the brush. I did once, which was very silly as quite frankly, I want to prolong this product for as long as possible and thats just wasting it.
I apply this to my regular bronzer three- under my jawline, on my cheekbones and my temples just after my foundation has been applied. I find using it this way, it applies so smoothy and blends like an absolute dream.
It works well with all of my foundations, though I do prefer it with Nars Sheer Glow.

On the skin, this product looks like how a bronzer powder would, though not as dark as some I've tried and a lot more dewy which for the first time ever I am really loving.

Being a Chanel product, this is a little more pricey at £29 for 30ml but it is a seriously beautiful product, it looks amazing and I imagine it will last a long while. To justify the purchase, I got it at the Chanel counter in Boots with the use of some Boots points. 

Are you tempted by this product or even just by the Gold Chanel?

xx