Chanel Levres Scintillantes Gloss- Amour 166







I recently got this thanks to the very lovely Sarah who let me in on a cheeky little sample secret. 
With my invitation in hand, I took a trip to my local Chanel counter and was given a couple of samples of the Chanel Levres Scintillantes glosses from the Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection.   

I've said before that I'm not really a gloss girl and it seems that even Chanel can't change my mind.
There is no taking away that the formulation of these glosses are absolutely beautiful, I don't find them sticky or find them too gloopy and they sit on the lips beautifully soft and moisturising but I just don't like the way glosses look on me. Chanel or not.

This is the shade Amour 166 and swatched, though shimmer heaven, is a pretty Coral Pink shade.
However nice the colour itself looks swatched, I don't find the colour pay off on the lips to be anywhere close. There is minimal pigment on the lips, with an unfortunate overload of shimmer. My use of the word unfortunate probably won't come as a surprise to you, as you probably know as much as I love Glitter, when it comes to make up its a huge no no!

The packaging for these glosses, like most other Chanel products are simply beautiful and there's no taking that away. Maybe with a little less shimmer and a little more pigment, they would appeal to me more, but for now I'm left a little disappointed.  

This is just a sample size, the full size is 5.5g and costs £20. 

Are you a fan of Chanel Glosses?

xx