Real Techniques Expert Face Brush






I'm quite a firm believer in "if something isn't broken, don't fix it" so really, I shouldn't have even needed to purchase this Real Techniques Expert Face Brush because my love for the Real Techniques Buffing Brush is still going extremely strong and gives me my perfect foundation application. 
However, when I met Sam from Pixiwoo (the creator of these beauts) at the Avon launch she gave us a little heads up about this brush coming to Boots and so there was no justification needed and it was top of my list.

This brush is extremely firm in terms of density and is made up of short "ultra plush" taklon bristles. It's quite wide and has been created to give you the perfect experience when applying and blending cream or liquid foundations. I've used this a few times now, with liquid foundations and yes it is brilliant, but as yet it isn't even close to how much I love my buffing brush which comes as a part of the Core Collection. Personally, I wish they sold the Buffing Brush separately like they do this, as I would probably stock up for life. Thankfully, the Real Techniques brushes are made with synthetic hair, which I find wash up really well and tend to last longer whilst staying extremely soft anyway.

Although this brush is super soft, I think because it is a lot more dense it seems to takes a little bit more work when applying my foundation, which is probably why I'm not getting on with it as much. There's no doubt about it that it's a great brush and I will continue to use it, it does give me a great flawless finish which looks beautiful but my hearts still with the Buffing Brush for now.

 If you're on the hunt for a really amazing foundation brush, I would strongly recommend the Buffing Brush, although if you're quick, Boots have them on 3 for 2 so you could just do what I did and get both!

This brush costs £9.99 and is available in Boots.

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques brushes? What's your favourite?