MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection- Deeply Adored







Top- MAC Diva, Bottom- MAC Deeply Adored

When I decided to pick up a deeper Red toned lipstick for the Autumn, I was unsure whether to get MAC Diva or Deeply Adored from the Marilyn Monroe collection. In the tube as well as swatched, they both looked extremely similar and I didn't really need both. I finally made the decision, and decided on the one that looked ever so slightly darker- Diva, which I blogged about here. Following my blog post about it, a lovely friend of mine from work, picked me up Deeply Adored from Florida and I was absolutely over the moon.

I hadn't tried Deeply Adored on the lips previously, as it has just been released into the very popular Marilyn Monroe Collection, but as soon as I received it I couldn't help myself and immediately got applying.

Deeply Adored is also a matte formula, which I am really pleased about. I much prefer the matte look to anything shiny. 
Swatched and in the tube the two colours are pretty similar though Deeply Adored is ever so slightly more Red toned, rather than the Plum hues in Diva. This does play out on the lips too, they are very similar though the Red tones in Deeply Adored seem a lot more intense. 
Deeply Adored still looks quite dark on me though how it appears swatched, in the tube and on my lips in real life isn't how it comes across when photographed on the lips. It seems to appear so much brighter. I'm really confused about this lipstick and as you can probably tell I'm finding it very difficult to describe. I have tried to take a photo of how it appears to the eye but I'm unfortunately finding it near impossible.

I do really like this lipstick, though if the colour you're wanting on the lips is similar to the one in the tube, I would probably recommend going for Diva, which is identical on the lips to how it appears both in the tube and swatched.
I'm not sure why but I found this colour pretty difficult to apply. Without a doubt, this shade needs a lip liner. I haven't used one in the photos, because I didn't want to distort the shade, but this bleeds pretty quickly after application and so to save any trouble I would definitely recommend quite a deep Red liner.

The Marilyn Monroe collection is really lovely and athough I'm not sure on the Marilyn Monroe image on the tube, I very much like the shiny Black effect.
The collection is made up of some really lovely products especially the lipsticks, and if you're after anything I really recommend that you pick it up when you see it as it is selling out incredibly fast.

What do you think of this shade? Have you got anything from the Marilyn Monroe Collection?