Afternoon Tea at Liberty













Last week I was very kindly invited over to Liberty in Londons Regent Street by the team behind the excellence itself, to enjoy a very beautiful afternoon tea in the extremely fabulous Heritage Suite.
Something I love to do in London is have afternoon tea, so a great afternoon was had talking beauty, fashion and the store itself. 

The Heritage Suite where we had tea, is beautifully hidden away room within the store and is kept as quite the little Liberty secret, holding so much of the stores history within four wooden walls, leaving me feeling very privileged that I had been given the opportunity to visit it. 

I always thought that Liberty was just a wonderfully luxurious store, much like an old fashioned shopping paradise and didn't realise how much of a story the store actually has, starting from just a small three staffed shop, it has come on massively, now having two wings, countless departments and being an absolute London shopping essential. 
I've always noticed the beautiful Tudor timbers that make up the interiors and the front of the store, but it wasn't until I attended this lovely afternoon tea, that I found out it has actually made up of two British Naval Ships; The HMS Hindustan and The HMS Impregable.
 The Heritage Suite that we actually went to, for our delicate patisseries and finely cut sandwiches, was actually once the Captains Quarters, which was taken apart and put back exactly to how it once stood on the ship. I love finding out things like that, it's so strange that there's so much history in and around London that we just pass by daily without even thinking about.

Liberty really is such a beautiful store homing the very best of Fabrics, Fashion and of course, Beauty. If you haven't visited the Beauty hall, I well and truly urge you to. I absolutely promise you won't be disappointed, it's an actual dream. 

What's your favourite department in Liberty? Do you love the beauty hall as much as I do?