Remington Vintage Glamour Event













A few weeks ago I attended a very exciting Vintage Glamour event held by Remington at Lucy in Disguise in London, which if you didn't already know, is a wonderfully put together vintage store owned by Lily Allen.

The event was held to showcase the products in their collections and to give us the opportunity to have a go of them, whilst styling our hair in very fancy vintage styles which was a lot of fun. It sounds easy, but under the pressure of bloggers surrounding you and having consumed one or two beautiful tea cup cocktails, my hands seemed to get a little cack-handed.

I wanted to learn a new hair style for work, so opted for the hair style pictured above, which was a backcombing fans dream. The Remington Team and Session Stylist Chris Appleton were on hand to either do your hair or simply just talk you through it, which is what I did.
 To achieve the look, I backcombed my crown area to extremes and lightly pulled it back into a low pony tail, securing it with a snag band and a few kirby grips. To add a more feminine touch around my face, I pulled the front loose with a tail comb and run a curling tong through two sections, pulling the remaining loose bits back, not too perfectly, to add a little more shape and secured further with a grip. 
I have actually worn my hair in this style since and I really like it, it's not to prim and proper and really, just makes a nice change!

I do love a hair tool and Remington have some incredible ones available. The one that caught my eye the most was the Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Brush, surprise! I love volume and this large barrel, Keratin Ceramic coated brush is heated and works to create the most volume and bounce to your hair.
I saw it being used on some of the girls hair and honestly, the results were absolutely incredible!

Remington offer a very varied range of hair tools and electrical hair removal all of which can be found here.  
If you were interested in any of these, I have found that quite a few of the tools are on special offer here in Boots.

Do you have a favourite Remington product? If not, are there any products here that have caught your eye?