MAC Studio Fix Powder

The night before my holiday I decided that I wouldn't be taking my make up with me- well I would, but minimal. Bronzer, mascara, an eyebrow pencil and one lipstick to be precise. However, we all know the temptations that come with being in a duty free environment and whilst I didn't intend to I was lured in by the clean Black displays and decided to peruse the MAC counter.

This immediately sent me into panic mode.
Should I have brought make up with me?
What if I need my make up?
Will I cope for a month without my foundation?
I think the lady working that day read my mind as she asked me whether I was looking for a foundation for my holiday.
Yes, yes I was.
She lead me to the Studio Fix Fluid Powder Plus which is essentially a powder and a foundation in one. Now I'm not and never really have been a fan of powder foundations, but after a little advice and a tiny bit of persuasion it was in my basket.
I ended up with NC42- which even now I don't think is correct- it's too shades darker than I would go fully fake tanned, but she insisted that would be what worked for me and to be fair, for my holiday with a slight tan it was fine. 


I only wore it on holiday if I went out with people other than my boyfriend- not that I didn't want to make an effort for him, of course I did, but it was more of an occasion going out with other people.

It worked really well on my skin, I had to apply it with the applicator that it came with. I wouldn't do this normally, however I didn't bring a brush with me and wasn't going to buy one just incase.
Although it wasn't first choice, it actually worked well.

It applied really easily and felt so soft and velvety to touch, had a surprisingly nice holiday coverage which was very buildable and left my skin with a nice matte finish. It didn't slide of my skin in the heat but at the same time it really allowed my skin to breath and didn't feel too heavy at all. An overall winner in my opinion.

I always wear bronzer with my make up, but I found that with this powder you definitely need to wait for it to set into your skin until you put anything on top. Not long, maybe a minute or so but if you don't- well if I hadn't have waited, I definitely would have turned into a tangerine dream. 

With being on holiday, in the most extreme humidity you can imagine, I didn't want a really matte look. I would look pretty ridiculous, and wanted to glow so I finished my make up with a spritz of the miracle that is Fix + to give me more of a fresh dewy look.

I feel like the colour really adapted well with my skin and when I caught the sun etc. 
I've included two pictures that were taken in completely different lighting but one at the beginning of my holiday and one right at the end to show how the colour really seemed to work for me right the way through as well as showing you how buildable the coverage is.


I haven't been very well since returning from my holiday so have been make up free, but I'm not sure than when I do return to putting my face back on I will be using this product. This powder did prove me wrong and whilst on holiday I did enjoy using it, but I'm not sure whether it will suit me for being at home. I like using a liquid foundation and am pretty sure I will continue to reach for my Studio Fix Fluid.

I hope you're all well xx