Violent Lips


Hey sweets,

I was recently sent some a couple of packets of Violent Lips and was pretty intrigued by the whole concept. They are absolutely huge in LA, and so that automatically made me want to try them.

I had seen these in Boots a few times before but hadn't really put how much thought into how they would work.

They are quite simply like the temporary transfer tattoos that after spending our entire childhoods covered in, are  now becoming popular again.

You get three sets of Violent lips per pack, all being the same design and a little set of instructions.
It's pretty straightforward- but never the less, you need a bit of patience with them.

I tried two from another pack which is a Pink Glitter set and they both failed hugely, so I am saving the third for when I am an expert

On the application sheets, there are line guides for you to measure your lips against to cut to size. You have to do this for both top and bottom.
Once you have the correct size, you peel the shiny layer off, place against your lips and use a cotton pad to apply water to the paper side.



As easy as that sounds, I found it pretty tricky. 
I'm not sure whether it's because my lips are really thin but each time I was left with quite a few creases.
I managed to smooth them out as best I could but I really wish they had come out super smooth.

When applied properly, Violent Lips can last between 4-8 hours depending on the skin type and care. 
They remove really easily, on the instructions it says to use oil and then a minute or so after to use a textured wipe to wipe it off, but I just used a make up wipe and it came away quite easily.




Violent Lips come in so many different shades and patterns which can be viewed online here.
Videos and tips can be found on there YouTube channel here, which I would recommend watching before applying for the first time!

I think for a super fancy look, dress up or a fun photo these are perfect little product. I would quite like to try the Leopard Print ones which look amazing here on the model on asos. 

As I said before, these are available now in Boots and cost £7.99

What do you think of these? Will you be transforming your lips with Violent Lips?

xx