MAC Melba







You know when you don't give second thought to a product that everyone raves about, and then one day you do, and then you kick yourself for not getting it sooner? That.

Melba is one of them products that I have heard so many great things about, but for an unknown reason I have never actually purchased. I am so happy that this is finally in my collection, as it is the most beautiful blush and I have worn it every day since treating myself to it.

I actually purchased this without a single swatch, which is quite strange for me as I usually like to give a product a bit of thought. On a first glimpse, it doesn't look anything particularly special, but I decided to trust the opinions of some of my favourite bloggers and just go for it.
In the pan, Melba is a muted Peach shade with a slight Pink tone to it and doesn't really look anything too special. It looks pleasant, but doesn't look half as amazing as it does on. 
Once on the skin, Melba is the most beautiful Peach Coral shade. It's super pigmented, and although I've gone quite heavy with it in the pictures above, even with minimal product used for a more natural look, it's the perfect product for finishing and brightening you up. 

One thing that makes me even more in love with this product is that it is a matte finish. Although I have recently been wearing coral blushes with a slight sheen or shimmer, matte finishes always win my heart and this is just beautiful.
With being a powder blush, Melba feels so soft on the skin and applied with my Real Techniques Blush brush, the application is perfect.

I think this is a really complimentary product and has fast become one of my make up bag essentials.

Have you tried Melba? What's your go to blush?

xx