Topshop Lip Stick- Powder Room






Left swatch- Pretty Baby, Right swatch- Powder Room
I picked this lipstick up a couple of weeks ago when I was in Topshop with the fabulous Corrie.
Going through all of the lovely lines, I picked this up to swatch it and immediately fell for it.
It looked to be the perfect Pink shade, and with being such a fan of this same product in the shade Coy, I just had to treat myself.

On getting home, and trying this out I must admit I was slightly disappointed. The lighting in Topshop must have fooled me a little, because this wasn't the shade that I remembered falling for.
I didn't think it was as bright as it actually is, and while I am a huge fan of Pink lipsticks, this isn't the shade I find myself to be reaching for much anymore.
With both the brightness and shade, it really reminds me of the Pretty Baby lipstick from the Make Up Store, which although it melts more than any other product I have ever used, I do really like. The only difference that fails me with this comparison, is the formula. I do normally go for mattes over any formula, but theres no hiding that the matte Topshop Lip Sticks are extremely drying.

I wear Coy with a lip balm and it's absolutely perfect, but I find that Powder Room is a little more drying and though yes, I could just top it off with a balm too, I find that this settles into the natural lines of my lip and just makes them stand out even more and isn't super pleasant to the eye.

I often just dab Coy onto my lips, and I'm left with a beautiful colour but I don't think that this colour applied lightly is anything too special, and though applied heavily is a lovely shade, is a bit too bright and a bit too much hard work for me for day-to-day wear.
I really wish it was the in-between shade that I thought I had purchased. 

Although I'm sure I will find a mix with this product and will probably reach for it more than I now anticipate, it's not my favourite Pink right now. Though if you are a fan of a brighter Pink, like I have been up until the past few months then this lip stick is more than likely, most definitely for you.

It's available in Topshop and costs just £7 which I think is pretty reasonable.

Have you tried any of the Topshop Lip Sticks? Which one is your fave?

xx