Models Own Hed Kandi- Beach Party & Disco Heaven







Models Own and Hed Kandi have collaborated and put together a collection of Nail Varnishes, inspired by the fabulous, hot, party island- Ibiza. 
When I think of Hed Kandi, I automatically think of summer holiday partying, and thats exactly what the five shades in the range are all about.

The two shades pictured above are Beach Party* and Disco Heaven*.

Beach Party is seriously the brightest Orange nail varnish I have ever come across, it's very much borderline neon but not completely over the top- kind of so wrong that it's right?
Though brights/neons aren't normally what I go for, Orange is and although it's clearly not a day to day shade for me, I do love it a little more than I thought I would. Theres no hiding that it is super bright, but I think it's very fitting for both Ibiza and Hed Kandi, and would not look at all out of place in either. I think as a holiday shade, with a full on tan this has a lot of potential. In fact, this probably would have been the perfect shade for me when I was at the Full Moon Party in Thailand.  

Disco Heaven is a Gold Glitter dream. I love a glitter so was thrilled to receive this. It's pretty similar to all of the Gold glitter nail varnishes that I already have, except this has a beautiful run of Blue and Turquoise glitter through it which is absolutely amazing and unlike any I have seen before. 
To be honest, I wouldn't have necessarily thought the Blue would work in it, but it really is so nice. Both in the bottle and on the nails it stands out beautifully and gives such a lovely effect.

Image from Models Own Press Release

The Hed Kandi collection consists of three of Models Owns brightest shades and two premium glitters. 
They cost £5 each and are available in both Boots and on the Models Own website here.

Although very much out of my comfort zone, I really like these shades- what's your favourite?

xx