MAC Vegas Volt









This little baby is the second lipstick that I purchased in Duty free, along with Morange which I blogged about here. 
 I was being indecisive about whether to get this or Morange and I'm glad that I opted with both. As you do.

Vegas Volt is an in-between Orange Coral shade, making it a lot easier to wear than Watch Me Simmer or Morange. When I was at the counter, I asked the make up artist what she preferred out of the two and she replied Vegas Volt, because of the peachy tones it carries, it's not as in your face.
 It definitely isn't as daring as others I have recently purchased and is the perfect colour if you're on the hunt for a Coral or an Orange that isn't so bright, but still very pigmented and a beautiful shade.

Once I got this home and started swatching, I became aware that it is very similar to Costa Chic, without the frost finish, which personally I hate. I've never been able to part with Costa Chic because I do love the shade, but the finish always unfortunately let me down and because of that I have hardly worn it. With that in mind, it's another reason why I'm glad that Vegas Volt is now in my collection.

It is another Amplified finish, which means it is super creamy and pigmented on the lips and sticks around for a very long while before becoming drying or needing topping up which is fabulous. Amplified is easily one of my favourite finishes, which probably comes as no surprise to you as the last four lipsticks I have purchased and blogged about are, have been Amplified. 

I haven't yet worn this at work, but I can already tell that it's going to be a work favourite of mine.
It really is that perfect in-between that will work for both day and night- especially in the Summer!

What do you think of Vegas Volt? 

xx