Enrapture Encode Totem Styler









In the past year I have tried two of the Enrapture hair tools, The Amplify Jumbo Waver and the Extremity Heated Rollers, which I love. More recently, I was given the opportunity to try the Encode Totem Styler* which I must admit I had been desperate to try after seeing such fabulous results on other bloggers, so was very pleased.

This tool is a pretty cool conical wand with a difference. It has three setting dials that change the temperature in different parts of the barrel. The different combinations put together with the dials, adjust the heat and therefore the style and curl.
Heat 1 reaches the maximum temperature of 140° and is perfect for a loose curl, heat 2 reaches the maximum temperature of 170° and is perfect for a normal curl and heat 3 reaches the maximum temperature of 210° and is perfect for a tight hold curl.

I personally prefer a looser curl on myself, tighter curls do make an occasional nice change for me, but for day to day a looser curl is definitely more wearable and so I tend to use setting 1 or a mixture for example 121, 112 which is perfect for me.

In comparison to previous curling wands that I have used, this is a lot easier. I'm still not a pro and occasionally confuse myself with which way to go for the curl to go the right way on the opposite side to my head, but with the mini flipper that this tool, it makes it a lot easier and I must say, I find it a lot  safer and less prone to burning my fingers!

The barrel size is a fair 25mm, which isn't the smallest nor is it the biggest I have used. This makes it a nice medium, being able to create all the looks that you would be after pretty well.

Although I mentioned that the mini flipper helps to keep my fingers a little more free of danger, I find this tool does heat up pretty quickly, probably because they are made from Titanium rather than Ceramic, but it is so important to be careful when using it. I always find myself burning myself and it's really not very nice!

Like all of the other Enrapture products, this is safe to use on all types of hair but in terms of Extensions and Wigs it can only be used 100% real human hair and not synthetic.

This retails at £74.99 (although do shop around as it's a 1/3 off in some retailers) and is available to buy in Boots, Argos, Debenhams, Currys, Very, John Lewis, Selfridges and Superdrug.

Have you tried this? Is it the sort of tool that's on your wish list?

xx