Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick- Whisper









Hourglass is a brand that is relatively new to me, in fact I only really gave it any attention this year when I purchased my beloved Hourglass Illume Bronze Duo. I've visited the counter in Liberty quite often since and more recently have absolutely fallen for the Veil Mineral Primer, which I will be blogging about soon.

The newest Hourglass product to join my collection is this Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Whisper*. It's such a weighty lipstick which in my opinion oozes luxury and feels very expensive. Even the lipstick itself has been shaped with an Hourglass embedded through it, which is a perfect detail.

In the tube, the shade doesn't look to be one that I would normally pick out of a collection, looking to be a slightly darker natural shade that is possibly more mature looking than anything else I own. I'm afraid I can only describe this as a Pink toned, natural your lips but better shade that has the tiniest of shimmer running throughout.
On the lips, this colour is definitely more me and I don't think looks how I thought it would, which leaves me pleasantly surprised. It still looks to be the same natural shade, but with a lot more of a Pink hue rather than Beige which I love. No shimmer at all shows on the lip, just a beautiful moisturising sheen that sits wonderfully on the lips. The formula is quite creamy and applies like a dream, with just a couple of sweeps you have a lovely colour on your lip that doesn't really need any work or too much attention.

Something I love about this product, is that it is a refillable lipstick, meaning when the product is finished, rather than buy a whole new lipstick you can just buy the refill to pop in. This is really handy and I think a really nice touch.

With Lipstick being one of my favourite cosmetic products, I can't believe I hadn't tried Hourglass lipsticks sooner. I will definitely be adding them into my Liberty beauty hall routine and am looking quite forward to it. 

Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Cremes cost £22 and are available at Liberty and Hourglass Counters.